2. Collection of Personal Information
We will usually collect your personal information directly from you wherever it is reasonable and practicable to do so in the circumstances. We may also collect personal information from selected third parties (such as service providers or business partners) and via other methods, where you have consented to this and as permitted by law.
We may collect personally identifiable information about you when you contact us with questions or complaints, purchase our products, use our Sites or our applications or participate in one of our offers/promotions, including online (via Sites or applications), via phone, via fax, via email, in person, via mail or otherwise. This information could include, but is not limited to:
- your name, mailing address, email address, telephone or mobile number, e-mail or mailing address; · payment details such as your credit card number and billing information;
- other information that you provide to us such as gender, date of birth, age group and product preferences.
For example, if you decide to complete a survey or the registration of a product warranty, you may be asked to provide certain information such as your contact information (name, e-mail address, telephone number and mailing address), gender, birth date, age group and product and/or cosmetic concerns, and the brands and products you use. Similarly, if you use one of our applications, you may be required to create an account by providing your name, email address and other details as requested.
Unless stated otherwise to you, we do not collect sensitive personal information such as political or religious beliefs, heath status, ethnic background or sexual preference.
While we endeavour to only collect personal information from you directly, we may also collect information from the following sources that you may be unaware of including:
- Third parties (via agencies on our behalf or our Internet service provider);
- Public directories and listings;
- Personal interactions with our employees; and
- Electronic information from e-mail or the Internet.
Before collecting information of a sensitive nature or information relating to your health, we will seek consent from the individuals concerned.
3. Use and Disclosure of Information
The information you provide will generally be used by us for the purposes it was collected and for other related purposes as permitted by law, including the following:
- To answer your queries or provide the goods and/or services and/or products requested/ordered;
- The purpose of creating and delivering to you our catalogues, surveys, other marketing communications containing product information, cosmetics tips, and promotions. If you prefer not to receive e-mail communications or our catalogue, please see section 10 below.
- To facilitate your participation in our offers or promotions;
- To enable us to improve and develop our products and services;
- To understand your needs, to customise services to meet your needs and preferences, and to provide you with a better service;
- To undertake market research;
- To conduct our business;
- To provide you access to certain aspects of our Sites or applications;
- To deal with any enquiries or complaints and for support purposes; and
- To comply with our legal obligations or as required or authorised by law.
We may contact you in relation to the above via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner.
When you visit our Site(s), use our applications or view one of our e-mails, we may use pixel tags (also called "clear" gifs) and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our Sites or applications and personalise your experience. We may also use pixel tags to determine what
We may disclose your personal information:
- Where we have sought your consent or as is otherwise allowed or required by law;
- To our related companies, contractors, suppliers or service providers for the purposes of providing products and services on our behalf and performing our administration and other operations, including accounting and finance checks, IT, marketing, record keeping and statistical purposes, market research, safety purposes, fulfilment services and/or Site traffic analysis;
- To any entity to which we propose to assign any part of our business, including data analysis firms, customer support specialists, webhosting companies, advertising agencies and fulfilment companies (e.g., companies that coordinate mailings); or
- To other organisations with whom we have contractual agreements.
We confirm that any such third parties that may be provided with access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, may not use such information for any other purpose. Such third parties may also use the information collected in aggregate form for their internal business purposes, such as generating statistics for marketing materials.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties Outside Australia
Personal information which we collect and hold is stored within our locally housed data servers in Australia. However, we utilise some cloud-based service providers for specific functions, such as email and accounts, who may store certain information on our behalf on servers based in the United States of America. These service providers are engaged pursuant to terms of service requiring stringent privacy compliance in respect of this data.
In all instances of overseas disclosure, we shall ensure that the transfer of your personal information is carried out in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Except as outlined above, we do not generally disclose personal information to entities located outside of Australia, unless we advise you otherwise.
5. Cookies and Log Files
With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more.
7. Storage and Security
As noted above, we may store personal information on internal computer databases, local hard drives and/or in hard copy at our offices. We may also engage third party service providers to assist in storing and processing certain types of personal information for us.
Any information that we no longer use is destroyed. The exception to this may be information required for possible data analysis at a future date, or information we are legally required or advised to hold for specific time periods. Wherever possible, the information will be retained in a form that does not allow you to be identified. If you have applied for a position with us and have been unsuccessful, your application and associated documentation will be held for a period of three (3) months after the position that you applied for is filled, and then destroyed unless you request that this information be held in case other positions, that you would like to be considered for, arise in the future.
The security of your information is important to us. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone other than those authorised to access the
information for the purposes stated above. We will endeavour to make reasonable efforts to ensure information is stored securely in electronic form and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. We ensure only those necessary have access to your personal information. Electronic and managerial procedures have been put in place to reasonably secure any information collected from misuse, interference or loss, and in order to prevent unauthorised access, modification to or disclosure of that information. We utilise systems, services and third party platforms to manage and store your personal information that are located outside of Australia. However, we will never lose effective control of your personal information. If you have any questions about security, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
8. Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell certain of our assets. In such transactions, user information, including personally identifiable information, generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting your personal information to us you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances.
9. Notification of Changes
When you complete a feedback form or one of our surveys, you may opt-out of receiving future e-mail communications from us. You may change your e-mail preferences at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each e-mail you receive from us or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may gain access to your personally identifiable information held by us or correct that information at any time on reasonable notice. If you make a request for more detailed personal information, for example, access to information held in archives, you may incur a reasonable fee to cover the cost of retrieval and the supply of this information to you (we will notify you if any fee is applicable and any such fee will only be applied in accordance with the applicable laws).
All requests for access to personal information will be handled as quickly as possible and we shall endeavour to process any request for access within thirty (30) days of having received the request. However, some requests for access may take longer than thirty (30) days to process depending upon the nature of the personal information being sought.
Note that we may be required by law to retain personal information for a period of time after you have ceased your relationship with us, and will treat such information in accordance with the applicable law.
We are not always required to provide access to personal information upon request. Access may be refused in a number of circumstances, subject to the applicable law, such as:
- Where the information may relate to existing or anticipated legal proceedings;
- Where required or authorised by law;
- Where the request is regarded as frivolous or vexatious.
If access is denied, we will explain why.
If you have a concern or complaint in relation to our handling of your personal information or you believe that we have breached the Privacy Act and/or the APP in Australia, the Privacy Act 1993 in New Zealand or any other applicable privacy laws or codes, you can contact us via the details below. We will investigate your concerns and will respond to you in writing as soon as possible (usually within fourteen (14) working days).
Further information about your privacy rights can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner http://www.oaic.gov.au (in Australia) or at https://www.privacy.org.nz/the-privacy-act-and-codes/privacy-act-and-codes-introduction/ (in New Zealand).
We have taken great measures to ensure that your privacy is constantly respected by us. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, or request for access or correction of your personally identifiable information, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us via our mailing address at:
P.O Box 146, Terrey Hills, NSW 2084 (in Australia) or
PO Box 251159, Pakuranga, Auckland 2140 (in New Zealand).
Last Updated: March 2023
Conair Australia: P.O Box 146, Terrey Hills, NSW 2084
Conair New Zealand: PO Box 251159, Pakuranga, Auckland 2140
Contact us by filling out the form below and pressing "submit".